In an ever-evolving eCommerce marketplace — like the one we have, a startup needs a lot to catch up. The bar is set really high by big players like Amazon and Alibaba. Every new trend becomes a prerequisite for the launch of a startup and a seemingly small mistake can turn out to be a humongous one. This is the reason why the basic requirement from an ideal eCommerce platform is its flexibility.
The value of sales that took place through various eCommerce sites in the first quarter of this year in the U.S was $80.3 Billion. These tempting figures can make anyone contemplate starting an eCommerce website of one’s own. Let’s find out what makes Magento 2 the best platform for the successful launch of your brand new eCommerce startup.
Magento 2 has become a dominant player in the eCommerce platform sector with a market share of around 30%. But mere figures cannot truly represent the real picture. The reality is, it is the first choice of some of the biggest brands. These names include Coca-Cola, Nike, Burger King, Huawei, and Liverpool FC.
Although Magento is not a hosted solution and it needs good technical knowledge to handle the platform, customize and alter it, there is a huge community of Magento development and solutions providers that you can find easily around you. There are more than 150,000 developers who have the knowledge of Magento and more than 300 highly-trained solution partners of Magento.
The following features of Magento 2 make it relatively a technically superior option:
- Web Design: There are thousands of themes available on Magento. You can start by choosing one of these ready-made themes, rather than designing one for yourself. Once your startup grows, you can design it as per the looks and feel of your brand. This is possible only because it is an open-source platform.
- Shopping cart: Magento 2 takes care of the full journey of the buyer, from adding products to the cart to checkout to making a secure payment. Customers can also buy your products without having to create an account i.e as a ‘guest’ only. It provides a large number of payment gateways to the customers; these include Simple Pay, PayPal, Google Checkout, Amazon Payment, Authorize.net and much more.
- Extensions and Plugins: As mentioned above, Magento is an open-source platform and there are many extensions and plugins available for any e-commerce store. There are thousands of extensions and plugins on Magento marketplace which is many times of what you can find on other platforms!
- Multiple websites: Magento is not just for one website, you can theoretically manage an innumerable number of websites on the platform simultaneously. This means, if you run many different brands, you can have a separate e-store for each of them — each one could have products with different prices and discounts. All this can be managed by a single admin on Magento.
- Mobile responsive: With Magento, you will have a browser detection and responsive design for your website. The mobile screen optimized website enhances the user experience which is a must for an eCommerce website.
- SEO-friendly: Magento 2 offers SEO tools from beginner to advanced level. Through these tools, you can display custom URLs instead of dynamic strings of PHP, infuse Meta Data, redirect error pages, avoid duplicate pages, set Robot.txt and take similar SEO-friendly measures very easily.
- Analytics and reporting: You can measure the performance of your online store with a complete analytics and reporting tools. With the ability to integrate Google Analytics with it, you can easily generate detailed sales reports, stock, and inventory reports, most-viewed and most purchased product, most searched terms report, coupon usage report, best customer report, etc.
The only limitation that you will hear about Magento is; it can only be managed by tech-savvies or web-developers. Although this argument is correct, this isn’t a big problem. There are many companies that provide ecommerce development and solutions for Magento platform at inexpensive rates. If you hire dedicated magento developers for your website hosting, you will not face any problem.
Every year hundreds of e-commerce websites migrate from other platforms to Magento 2. You can avoid facing such a hiccup by launching your eCommerce startup on Magento 2 from the start itself. No matter what your startup idea is, if it revolves around e-commerce, Magento 2 is a proven platform that you can bank on.