The default medium of communication today is the mobiles, and because of this the way the mobile apps are being developed is gaining focus, be it for the Android, or iOS platform. Mobile app development companies in Canada, US, or elsewhere are adopting the latest technique to foster the growth of their mobile apps.
Every company consists of various kinds of staff who need to collaborate to fulfill the needs of the organization. This collaboration of different staff goes by the name of DevOps and has reaped rich benefits for a number of organizations. However, DevOps is new to mobile technology. All companies such as the mobile app development companies in Canada or elsewhere will tend to gain from this new technology. A survey indicated that, of all the organizations using DevOps, only 42% found it beneficial for mobile app development. However, those organizations that wish to integrate the different departments together for the sake of getting better benefits and achieving business goals, let it be known to then that Mobile DevOps can be a game-changer for their business.
The use of Mobile DevOps makes the entire team productive. Also, developers using Devops become better at developing mobile apps. It seems a better solution than what we might have been working with, but it requires the business to take many vital and important decisions for the healthy growth of the business. Any organization that wishes to use DevOps for Mobile App development needs to follow certain rules. These include:
1) Continuously Integrating New Features in Real Time Environments: No doubt, new mobile apps or features for the existing apps are being developed round the clock, they need to be made available to the users as soon as possible. This, keeping in mind, should only happen with every kind of feature having been thoroughly tested. Continuous integration can be measured by the following metrics:
a. Time taken from the development phase to reach the final testing. The shorter, the better.
b. The frequency of deployment over existing devices – the more the better
c. Percentage of Successful Tests vs Failed Tests
d. The number of new features, lines of code, and other integrations that were deployed with each build to the existing devices
2) Deploy Regularly: Whenever a new version is developed, and its features have been tested it needs to be deployed for the users to use it, and rate it. DevOps come with automation tools that help the developers to perform tasks such as frequent builds for finding bugs quickly and test use. The mobile automation suite from DevOps accommodates the binaries on every device along with the dependencies on apps, networks, and backend systems.
When developers come up with new apps or add features to them (and in the process also perform testing), it can then be seen how the environment and the app are working. This makes it simpler to enhance the app’s upcoming versions so that usability, user experience, and user-interface aspects are better. But in case, and just in case, some element is performing badly then the entire infrastructure (including the app as well) will be affected.
3) Constant Quality Validation: Let’s make it clear here. You have to be in constant touch with everybody at all times. Be it the user or the product manager or whosoever related to your app in one way or the other. The key is to provide quality to the end-user. If you are not aware of the user needs today, it might be late for you, the user can have other options. You need to have surveys that tell you what the user wants, what makes the user feel easy. Does the user like something about your app? If yes, ensure that the same becomes a constant feature of your app and you are always improving upon it.
Also Read:- New Version of WhatsApp Download For PC
Let your code be light-weight. A heavily written app would take a lot of time. Time is scarce for everybody. These days the developers are incorporating AGILE DEVELOPMENT into their apps. It starts with selecting the right tools to develop your app. Sometimes while you concentrate on creating a good UI, you compromise on performance. This affects negatively. To please the user, you need to have a balance between the performance and the code that you write. Offer quality, not bulky code.
4) Reduced Time: Once again we are talking about the same story. The developers need to provide users with updated versions without making them wait for long periods of time. Early on when mobiles were just making their entry, the new version used to take at least a year to present itself. Nowadays, whether it's mobile or mobile apps, you don’t have to wait much longer. And the users have got used to it. There are so many apps doing the same thing that the user may even make a shift to another app if the earlier one gets late. The constraint is now on the developers. They need to show up with their improved version in the shortest possible time.
With Mobile DevOps developers can collaborate with other members of the staff such as designers and hardware people. Collaboration being the key, it becomes easy to solve any issues that may occur or are already present in the app that is being developed. DevOps provides many quick fixes for the problems that may be encountered.
5) Resource Efficiency: One good thing in DevOps is automation. Organizations turn to automation so they are not dependent upon one single person to do the task. This leads to an increase in productivity also. DevOps provides tools for developing, testing, and even monitoring of apps that are still in their development stages.
6) Better Application Development: To help the mobile app development teams the other teams need to do certain key things to implement mobile DevOps such enabling instant feedback and reporting, using regression testing, and achieving transparent visibility via the development process. This provides the mobile app development teams an easy way to solve the issues, and then handle user experience optimization.
Mobile DevOps is capable of changing the way an organization handles it for better development. No wonder then why DevOps is becoming more popular day by day and it looked like a technology of the future. It is because of this that the organizations are resorting to DevOps for developing apps to draw a huge customer base.